[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Content of the serial.caption_and_pattern.pattern_code column

Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley lebbeous at esilibrary.com
Mon Jun 20 16:42:59 EDT 2011

On 06/20/2011 04:27 PM, John Craig wrote:
> Thanks, Lebbeous. Most helpful.

No problem.

> With regard to the serial.issuance.holding_code column, if that were not
> populated (for already received issuances--don't know if they want those
> migrated or not anyway), would that affect anything other than the ability to
> collapse holdings? That is, I'm assuming it's the issuance.label that's shown to
> the user?

Off the top of my head, I know that the system wouldn't have enough
information to predict new serial issues without the holding_code
column's being populated (among other requirements for prediction to
work) at least for the single most recent issue of every publication.

In other words, if you're expecting the system to predict the new issues
of Sports Illustrated, you'll need the holding_code populated on the
last issue of SI that you have, but not necessarily on all the old issues.

As far as I recall, the lack of holding code shouldn't otherwise affect
the way things display to users.

--
Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley
  | Software Developer
  | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
  | email:  lebbeous at esilibrary.com
  | web:  http://www.esilibrary.com

Equinox is going to New Orleans! Please visit us at booth 550
at ALA Annual to learn more about Koha and Evergreen.