No subject

Tue Jun 7 22:28:46 EDT 2011

a subfield 'a'. The script should protect against those cases.

> I use command history to only edit out the "startid"  switch above - then I run the command below and now get "FATAL:  password authentication failed for user" type errors
>
> 	perl marc2bre.pl --db_user <myuser> --db_host localhost --db_pw <my_pw> --db_name evergreen bibliographic-nrcan.004.mrc > import.bre
>
> Question: why do I get an authentication error when the authentication params are the same as previous statement (only removed "--startid 8227550"

Because without --startid, the script needs to connect to the database
to find a safe starting ID value for new bibs in the biblio.record_entry
database.

> Also, if I attempt to deal with my duplicate TCN value errors by using the "used_tcn_file" option:
>
> 	perl marc2bre.pl --db_user <myuser> --db_host localhost --db_pw <my_pw> --db_name evergreen  used_tcn_file tcnvalues --startid 8227550  bibliographic-nrcan.004.mrc > import.bre

> The result is no errors to screen, and import.bre is written out empty. If I take out the startid option then I get back to authentication error.
>
> Am I goofing up the syntax somewhere?

You need the hypens in --used_tcn_file; otherwise I think marc2bre.pl is
trying to read from two files, "used_tcn_file" and "tcnvalues".