[OPEN-ILS-DEV] copies and search function

Katharina Kohls tengo-k at web.de
Wed Mar 9 03:45:50 EST 2011

Hi there,

we finally managed to set up all the parts for an operating Evergreen
system. Several types of the staff client are running, the database is
built and units and types are structured for our purpose. It's also filled
with a complete list of books existing in our library right now.

But in the end we're no able to find any of those books with the different
search functions (not via staff client nor web interface). Looking at the
Evergreen documentation we seem to need a copy of each book but we're
unable to fill the copy buckets or do anything else that looks like a
possible way through.
We don't use barcodes, the library only contains about 1000 books. Is
there any way to get to a working search function even without using
barcodes?

We use Evergreen 2.0 if this is any hint :)

greets
Katharina