[OPEN-ILS-DEV] I heed help here: staff-client login problem

Thomas Edward thomaedward at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 18 12:21:58 EDT 2011

Hi,

Some help with 3 problems please.

Problem 1.

I need some help here with login issues in the staff client.  I have read the emails and gone to the online help but all efforts have been in vain.

Here is the problem.

1. user A is registered as Local Admin.  I go to the opac do a login, change password, do a search etc. all is fine here.

2. If I log into the staff client using admin:open-ils combination I can retrieve the A and verify A's status as Local Admin.

3.  If I install the staff-client on A's machine, the server is tested, certificates confirmed but A cannot login to register a workstation.

4.  I go to the permissions for A, The REGISTER-WORKSTATION is "applied" and "grantable". VIEW-ORG-STATUS is also "Applied" and "grantable".

I would appreciate any help.

Problem 2

I do not need the "Zip code" field when registering a patron  How do i make it optional?

Problem 3
Explain the how to add new field and make it permanent in the Marc.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Thomas