[OPEN-ILS-DEV] I heed help here: staff-client login problem

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Sun Mar 20 22:04:05 EDT 2011

> Problem 1.   work ous??  no one can help me with that jargon.  sorry to be a
> bother. but I'm still at square one here.

OU is short for organization unit.  Another name for a work ou is a
Working Location.  See this page:
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/1.6/draft/html/admin-staff_accounts.html

> Problem 2.  Using evergreen 1.6.0.6 on one seerver and Evergreen 2.04 on a
> newly installed on Friday.

In the database, zip code exists in the table actor.usr_address as
column post_code, and is set to be Not Null.  I'm not sure what the
repercussions might be for removing that constraint.  As a kludge, you
could modify register.js on the server to pre-populate that field with
99999 and hide it.

> Problem 3:   no response was sent.

For "permanent" MARC tags, are you talking about the templates like
"k_book" that are available when you select Cataloging -> New MARC
Record in the staff client?  These exist as files on the server and
have to modified there.  They're in MARCXML format.

--
Jason Etheridge