[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Queries regarding GSoC 2011

Shivansh Srivastava shivansh.bits at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 16:00:49 EDT 2011

Respected Sir/Ma'am,

I have a couple of questions related to pursuing a project under your
organization:-

1. Can I send you my skill sets to you before the actual starting of the
deadline, so that you could review it beforehand & tell me specifically if I
could be of any help.

2. I have spent a lot of time in learning/gathering knowledge related to Web
Designing/Development till now. Hence, I feel it is time that I develop my
skill sets by working on Real World Projects. It would be highly beneficial
for me to work on a Content Management System based platform.

Since your site hasnt been updated as of now on the GSoC 2011 page & I cant
find you on IRC, I am sending you a mail before the starting of submission
dates so that you could review my skills beforehand, & get the best out of
me.

My experience/Interests:-

1. Good programming skills in C,C++,C#,JAVA.
2.  I have also worked on websites, & have a good amount of knowledge in
JQuery, JavaScripts, CSS, XML/HTML, AJAX, PHP-MySQL, Flash based websites
for my college.
3. I have worked on Windows Phone 7 mobile OS platform & developed many
apps/games for the same. Since it is not open source, I have sourced it in
my college, with a lot of positive feedbacks from the college students.
4. I have a good amount of knowledge in Windows XNA 3.0 & 4.0 framework,
mostly used during my on-campus project on Racing game development, which
required of me to start from scratch by building everything, ie. a sports
car in MAYA, rendering it in the same & then converting to fbx so as to use
it in the XNA framework.

*I am very interested in "*Bring sanity to the Evergreen configuration
interface", "Modernize Evergreen's Web interface" and "Add Customizable
Toolbars to the Evergreen Staff Client" projects.

 Kindly tell me how to proceed with it. I am really looking forward on
working on these open source projects.

Looking for a favourable reply.

*
With Regards,
**
--
Shivansh Srivastava | +91-955-243-5407 |
shivansh.bits at gmail.com<mr.shivansh.srivastava at gmail.com>