[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Facets - i18n

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 12:28:08 EDT 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 11:57 AM, Duimovich, George
<George.Duimovich at nrcan-rncan.gc.ca> wrote:

> What's the status and/or howto translate the Facet sidebar headings in a
> 2.0.x system (e.g. headings and marg tag names (e.g. Series / seriestitle,
> Subject / geographic and so on)?
>
> Don't seem to find them in the usual places places..

There's still some work to be done.  At a glance:
 * config.metabib_class.label and config.metabib_field.label need to
be marked for I18N in the IDL
 * We need a UI for, well, basically all of the index definition stuff

As soon as those are done (the first is trivial, the second is pretty
big) then supplied label translations will magically "work" just like
the rest of the in-db translation stuff.  And, of course, you only
asked about those two fields, but other areas will benefit from the UI
work.

However, we can't really provide a full featured interface for
configuring all that until we have a solid design for how to have
configuration changes automatically reingest things in such a way that
it only touches the minimum needed for the requested changes.  I plan
to propose such a scheme (I believe I understand the problem space and
available tools well, and have had ideas knocking around for quite a
while, but it's a complicated issue) some time in April. I've been
"volun-told" for a lightning talk at the conference, so perhaps I'll
unveil it there... ;)