[OPEN-ILS-DEV] GSoC Proposition

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 10:15:23 EDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Joseph Lewis <joehms22 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have posted a draft here of what I plan to do (if I'm accepted) during
> GSoC for you all, if you could reply with some comments that would be great:
> https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1z-LX9O9BDzMZwuwMDz6dZ_7CjdRuXUmIlwU9qExrwJI

Thanks, Joe.

A further idea that is perhaps worth evaluation is the addition of
"tagging" to settings for the purpose of grouping them into logical
sets.  This would be a many-to-many relationship as opposed to a
simple many-to-one grouping as settings may be usefully viewed in more
than one context.  This would increase the complexity of the task by
involving more layers (in the least, database changes) and therefore
may be less appropriate for a GSoC project (IMO, it's still quite
do-able), but would pay large dividends in terms of flexibility and
future maintenance if the UI was driven primarily by settings-grouping
tags.