[OPEN-ILS-DEV] bug in 1.6 client if very long 856?

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Fri May 6 16:09:49 EDT 2011

Hello all,

I have done some experiments and made some interesting findings.

1) to get around the massive error box, we have success with Tab-Tab-Tab-Space-Tab-Tab-Space :)  I think we are checking a box, then hitting ok, and there may be a simpler way, but that works.

2) This problem persists on 2.0.4 at least.

3) This problem is not tied to the 856 field.  Instead, in any field, if you insert the a percent sign, followed by any number, followed by an 'n', you get this error.  And this is not a late April Fools!

4) The error is entirely client side.  There are no errors on the server, and the record saves just fine.

At this point I am hoping '%1n' (for example) rings somebody's bell, because the hole looks pretty deep from here.

Dan