[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Git repository management best practice question

Thomas Berezansky tsbere at mvlc.org
Mon May 16 15:55:36 EDT 2011

Someone else may be replying as I do on this...

We currently have rigged several of the other repos to auto-update
github whenever a push happens on git.evergreen-ils.org. Doing so for
the documentation would work. People then branch off, make changes,
and someone with access to the core repo can then pull and merge them.

No changes would be pushed to the github copy, only to branches off of
it (which is how I think you should be doing it on github already).
Any changes pushed to the core github repo would be overwritten
automatically in this model whenever a change was pushed to the
evergreen-ils.org repo.

Thomas Berezansky
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium