[OPEN-ILS-DEV] broken private router connection - database issue

Daniël Kollmer dko at iisg.nl
Tue May 17 03:39:08 EDT 2011

Hello again

> Hmm. If open-ils.cstore is dying, it sounds like your database might be
> the problem. Can you connect to your database with the full catalogue
> and select rows from major tables such as biblio.record_entry,
> biblio.full_rec, asset.copy, asset.call_number, actor.usr,
> actor.org_unit?

My conclusion exactly. I can connect and select rows from the respective tables. I did notice though that I have no biblio.full_rec table at all.

> I don't suppose you have a backup of your database to restore from...

Not directly. Only of the clean structure before the import but not of the state immediately before the 'accident'
I guess we will import all the records again into the clean structure.
I guess that might cost less time than searching for the problem in the database.

> I would say that's normal, based on my own experience.

Ok. It seems I grossly underestimated how much bigger the database would be compared to the original data.

Thanks in any case

--
Daniel Kollmer

Systeembeheer
Internationaal Instituut Sociale Geschiedenis
System Administration
International Institute for Social History

Email: dko at iisg.nl
Tel: +31 20 8500 416
Fax: + 31 20 6654181