[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Heating up search

Peters, Michael MRPeters at library.IN.gov
Mon May 23 13:57:32 EDT 2011

George,

I've been doing this just the same as always on one of my test servers.  Still seems to work fine.

Sincerely,
Michael Peters
Indiana State Library MIS | Inspire.IN.gov Helpdesk | Evergreen Indiana Helpdesk
office - 317.234.2128
email - mrpeters at library.in.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: open-ils-dev-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org [mailto:open-ils-dev-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Duimovich, George
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2011 1:24 PM
To: open-ils-dev at list.georgialibraries.org
Subject: [OPEN-ILS-DEV] Heating up search

Regarding Dan Scott's blog post on heating up Evergreen search:

http://coffeecode.net/archives/165-Heating-up-Evergreen-search.html

This has been very useful tweak especially for those "cache-killing" events like system re-boot, OS upgrade, etc.

Are there any notable changes to the above process and/or relevance of those steps for a 2.x system?  Additional tweaks for faceting indexes for example?

We're upgrading soon and just want to make sure those steps are still going to work the same, etc.

Thanks

George
NRCan Library