[OPEN-ILS-DEV] MARC 008 madness

Thomas Berezansky tsbere at mvlc.org
Thu Nov 10 11:43:29 EST 2011

Manual editing is a problem. But automatic editing via the fixed
fields editor could be improved a bit, I think.

Currently in master (at least) it won't update the fixed fields unless
you enter the full length of the field. That could be changed to force
a space-padding, so if you enter 1 character into a 4 character field
it adds 3 spaces transparently in the background to fill out the 4
characters. Probably with a "trim trailing (but not leading) spaces
when populating the editor" catch needed too.

Thomas Berezansky
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium