[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Questions about the nature of the action.hold_request table fields

Sharp, Chris csharp at georgialibraries.org
Tue Nov 15 08:10:18 EST 2011

Hi John, I'll share what I can based on what I know ;-) ----- Original Message -----
Correct. > capture_time
> When a physical copy was captured during checkin that could fill the
> hold request? Or does it mean the copy's status was changed to
> on-hold-shelf?
The former. This is when the staff member scans in the item and it is captured for a hold. It may then go to the hold shelf or in transit to its destination. > shelf_time
> How is that different from capture_time?
I would assume this is the latter from your last question. This is when the hold item reached the hold shelf. In the case of items that don't transit, this would be the same as capture time. > fulfillment_time
> When the copy was checked out to the requester?
Correct. > checkin_time
> Checked in and put into a transit status to the pickup library?
> (Unused if captured during checkin at the pickup library?)
I'm unsure about this. Maybe when the item that has fulfilled the hold is checked back in? > return_time
> What's this?
Dunno. > expire_time
> How long the open request is left unfilled before automatically being
> cancelled? Where is this configured?
Correct. The default interval is configured in the Library Settings Editor. It may be changed by the requestor (either staff or patrons) when placing the hold. If this value is NULL, the hold never expires. > cancel_time
> Seems straightforward; indicates that the user cancelled the request.
Yep. > requestor vs usr
> I assume that if a user puts in the request themselves these two
> fields would have the same value; if a staff member puts the hold
> request in, then their usr.id goes into the requestor slot & the
> patron's usr.id into the usr slot, right?
Right. > thaw_date
> When a "frozen" hold request becomes active again.
Yes. > cut_in_line
> What's this? Is this an indication that this request takes priority
> over requests that are ahead of it in terms of request time?
I believe there is now a function that allows staff to insert a hold request higher in the queue. I would assume that this is marked true when they do that. > mint_condition
> What's this?
No idea ;-). > Thanks for your time!
Hope that helps! Chris -- Chris Sharp PINES Program Manager Georgia Public Library Service 1800 Century Place, Suite 150 Atlanta, Georgia 30345 (404) 235-7147 csharp at georgialibraries.org http://pines.georgialibraries.org/