[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen FreeBSD install notes

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Mon Nov 21 21:51:08 EST 2011

Hi all,

If there are any FreeBSD fans out there, I spent a little time recently
getting EG up and running and took some notes along the way.  As
expected, I hit a few bumps, but nothing too bad.

I got as far as logging into the tpac and the staff client.  (There are
some issues with z39 import and vandelay, but basic functions seem to
work OK).

http://yeti.esilibrary.com/~berick/docs/eg_freebsd.html

My notes reference new OpenSRF and Evergreen collab branches for
managing some minor compatibility changes.  They're both under
working/collab/berick/bsd-compat.  They still need some work, but
once they're smoothed out, I'll open LP pull requests.  Even if *BSD
is not generally used, the patches should help improve general
portability.

Comments welcome.  I'm curious about the level of interest in FreeBSD
for Evergreen users and whether it would be worthwhile to create and
maintain real OpenSRF/Evergreen install targets.

Happy compiling!

-b

--
Bill Erickson