[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Troubleshooting in Evergreen 2.1.1

Elliot Voris evoris at slcconline.edu
Wed Nov 30 10:57:37 EST 2011

Hi, everybody!

I just installed a fresh copy of Evergreen 2.1.1 on Ubuntu 10.04. I followed the README here (http://evergreen-ils.org/documentation/install/README_2_1_1.html), and the installation was remarkably smooth. I had no issues, and had everything up and running in practically no time at all.

I was having some issues getting the configuration cgi files working for customization. I proceeded to work my way through the troubleshooter (http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=troubleshooting:checking_for_errors), and have come across something when issuing the following command:

/openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -l -a start_c
Everything to this point seems to be working fine. Even issuing that command seems to work fine. When I grep for ERRORS in the logs, however, several are present in the osrfsys.log file. I'm attaching that file, along with my configuration files. There are no *router.log files in /openils/var/log, though.

The errors don't seem to be detrimental to the operation of the system, to me. But I'm not an expert, that's why I have to use the troubleshooter.

Thank you all for any insight that you can offer on these issues.

Elliot Voris
Saint Louis Christian College