[OPEN-ILS-DEV] fedora14 SpiderMonkey vs TraceMonkey?

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Sat Oct 1 23:26:12 EDT 2011

Hi Grant:

YAML isn't necessary - it's just optional.

<snip>

> t/000readme.t ...... Failed 1/1 subtests
> t/001properties.t .. Can't load '/home/opensrf/Evergreen-ILS-2.0.9/JavaScript-SpiderMonkey-0.20/blib/arch/auto/JavaScript/SpiderMonkey/SpiderMonkey.so' for
> module JavaScript::SpiderMonkey: libjs.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib64/perl5/DynaLoader.pm line 200.
> at t/001properties.t line 15

This is your problem - I recently fixed it in master with commit
c17bef273e0 on September 10. Basically, libjs.so is built and
installed just fine, despite the copious number of warnings, but
'ldconfig' needs to be run to tell the OS to add the library to its
dynamic linking cache. It goes back to the threaded/non-threaded
SpiderMonkey dance we did over the summer that meant that we could no
longer use the packaged js-devel on Fedora.

Note that in about two months Fedora 14 will no longer be supported by
the Fedora project, which is why I've pulled mentions of it from
current Makefile.install.

Dan