[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Supercat and rss feeds

Whalen, Liam Liam.Whalen at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Thu Oct 13 13:12:09 EDT 2011

I am trying to create an RSS feed that contains holdings from our
libraries that are not a specific format.  In this case, I don't want to
return any items that are maps.  I've found the documentation that
allows me to return new bib records:

http://dev.catalogue.nrcan.gc.ca/opac/extras/feed/freshmeat/rss2-full/bi
blio/import

However, this URL returns bib records that do not have any copies
associated with them.  Is there a way to create an RSS feed that only
contains bib records with holdings?

Is there a way to filter the bib records based on their format.  For
example give me only Journals?  Or even better give me everything except
maps?  Or perhaps give me journals, books, and electronic resources?

I have been exploring the OpenSearch functionality as well, to see if I
can come at this another way.  So far I have this

http://dev.catalogue.nrcan.gc.ca/opac/extras/opensearch/1.1/ESS-SST-OTTA
WA/rss2-full/keyword/rock+fissures.

The benefit of using OpenSearch, I hope, is that it will exclude records
that do not have copies associated with them.  If that is true, then all
I need to know is how to return a list of the most recent additions to
the catalogue via OpenSearch, and how to limit the results of to a
specific format like Journals.  Does anyone know how to do that?

Liam