[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Opensearch rrs2-full format

Whalen, Liam Liam.Whalen at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Mon Oct 17 13:20:00 EDT 2011

> > We are running Evergreen 2.0.8.  Right now I am using the
> OpenSearch functionality to create an RSS feed of items that
> are new to the OPAC.  Here is the URL I am using.
> >

> http://catalogue.nrcan.gc.ca/opac/extras/opensearch/1.1/-/rss2-full?se
> >
> archTerms=item_type%28a%20||%20t%29%20sort%28create_date%29%23descendi
> > ng
> >
> > This produces 10 links that go to a card catalogue type
> output that provides information about these items.  One such
> link looks like this:
> >

> http://catalogue.nrcan.gc.ca/opac/extras/unapi?id=tag:open-ils.org,201
> > 1-10-14:biblio-record_entry/8226825/-&format=htmlholdings-full
> >
> > We would prefer the rss2-full links to go directly to our
> re-skinned OPAC instead of the card catalogue type output.
> >
> > I've noticed that if I change &format=htmlholdings-full to
> &format=opac, then the links resolve to the default skin
> OPAC.  So, I have two questions.
> >
> > What do I have to change in my first URL, the opensearch
> URL, in order to make it default to links that have
> &format=opac instead of &format=htmlholdings-full?
> >
> > Second, what do I have to change to make the &format=opac
> links use our reskinned OPAC rather than the default skin OPAC?
> >

> And for this, you'll definitely need to change the code.
>
> Both can be addressed in OpenILS/WWW/SuperCat.pm around line 1481.
> First, swap the opac and alternate params to the $node->link
> calls on 1480 and 1481, and second, add a 'skin=foo' (with an
> appropriate value for 'foo') to the second param on line 1481.

Great, that worked perfectly.  I also added a &local=en-CA to the  param on 1481 in order to get our skin to display properly.  Thanks a lot!

Liam

Natural Resources Canada Library / Bibliothèque de Ressources naturelles Canada
615 rue Booth Street, 121, Ottawa, ON, Canada
K1A 0E9
Telephone / Téléphone : 613-995-4180
lwhalen at nrcan-rncan.gc.ca
Web: http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/library/