[OPEN-ILS-DEV] proposal for new feature: enhanced Patron Statistical Categories

Scott Prater sprater at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 23:35:20 EDT 2011

I'm a developer just now starting to get my feet wet with Evergreen.
I'm working with Bibliomation to enhance the patron statistical
categories:

* Allow administrators to set Patron Statistical Categories as required fields;
* Allow administrators to set a flag that prevents users from entering
free text in a Patron Statistical Category;
* Allow administrators to select a default entry from the list of
fixed entries available in the Patron Statistical Category

Has anyone else tackled this enhancement?

I've read through the documentation on "How to Propose Features" on
the wiki;  if no one else has proposed this feature, I'll go ahead and
post more complete information (a specifications document, with
rationale and use case) on the dev:proposal wiki namespace, post the
blueprint, and take it from there.  Ideally, we'd like to see these
enhancements make it into the codebase;  towards that end, I'm looking
forward to working with more experienced Evergreen developers to make
sure I follow the standards and best practices of the Evergreen
developer community.

thanks!

-- Scott

--