[OPEN-ILS-DEV] STAFF_CLIENT_BUILD_ID wrong in 2.1-rc2?

Martha Driscoll driscoll at noblenet.org
Wed Sep 28 14:21:45 EDT 2011

I'm installing 2.1-rc2 on a new system.  In step V of the instructions
you run:

make STAFF_CLIENT_STAMP_ID=rel_2_1-rc2 install

then go to /openils/var/web/xul and run:

ln -sf rel_2_1-rc2/server server

The problem I am running into is the directory is not called rel_2_1-rc2
but 2_1-rc2.  I can still create the symbolic link:

ln -sf 2_1-rc2/server server

But then my client says I don't have the correct version.  If I rename
the directory to rel_2_1-rc2 and create the symbolic link, I still can't
login to the client.  I get an error when it tries to populate the list
of org units for workstation registration:

TypeError: document.getElementById("commonStrings") is null

I made a copy of 2_1-rc2 along side rel_2_1-rc2 and created the symlink
to rel_2_1-rc1/server and all is well.

Did I do something wrong or is something messed up in a makefile?

--
Martha Driscoll
Systems Manager