[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Serials problems

Päivi Knuutinen paivi.knuutinen at jns.fi
Tue Apr 10 03:36:33 EDT 2012

Hi!

I am confused. I cannot understand how does the "creating an issuance" works. The 2.2 manual says in "issuances": Label "Starting issue" and you fill the other parametres and when it is finished, you "14. Click Compile to generate the holdings code". I did so and I got the first issue and then predicted the future issuance. Ok, that works, but when I want to receive items, I can't find the first issue! The manual said in page "generate item predictions" (chapter 28. Alternative Serial Control View) "5. You can delete the first, manual issuance by clicking the check box...." - ok, it's easy but how to get the first issue to be received? Of course we want to have the whole year issues to be available.

The other question: how is the "New Subscription" supposed to work? I have tried it but it does nothing - or I don't understand what it does, because I can't see anything happen.

Päivi Knuutinen, Finland
paivi.knuutinen at jns.fi<mailto:paivi.knuutinen at jns.fi>