[OPEN-ILS-DEV] GSoC students

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Mon Apr 23 17:22:25 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am pleased to announce that four students have had their projects accepted for the Google Summer of Code.  Here are their names, IRC nicks, and project titles:

Joseph Lewis (joseph_) - upgrade Dojo to bring Evergreen to the modern web [1]
Pranjal Prabhash (pranjal710) - Create a PHP client for OpenSRF and Evergreen [2]
Daniel Rizea (danielR) - create Android client(s) for Evergreen [3]
Swenyu Duan (ymy) - Optimize Evergreen: Convert PL/Perl-based PostgreSQL stored produres to PL/SQL or PL/C [4]

Although each of them will be working closely with their mentors, they have also been asked to do their work in the open so that the entire community can follow their progress and provide feedback.  Please join me in welcoming them to the Evergreen project!

[1] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/google/gsoc2012/joehms22/28002
[2] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/google/gsoc2012/pranjal/17001
[3] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/google/gsoc2012/danielrizea/26001
[4] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/google/gsoc2012/dsy/12001