[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Developer's meeting at EG conf 2012 - Friday 4/27 at 8:00 a.m.

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Thu Apr 26 21:15:02 EDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 07:44:10AM -0400, Galen Charlton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Face-to-face meetings?  We can't have that!  But seriously, I'm calling a meeting of developers at the Evergreen conference for tomorrow (Friday) at 8 a.m.  Let's gather near the conference registration desk and claim space nearby.  Food will be available from the conference continental breakfast spread.
>
> There are a few items to discuss:
>
> - putting together the developers' update for Saturday
> - discussing the RM proposal
> - seeing if we can nail down a release schedule for 2.2.0
> - any other topics?

Great idea, Galen. 8:00 AM hurts a bit but we've got to do it some time.

To nail down a release schedule for 2.2.0, do we need to have a
reasonable definition of "critical" and "showstopper" bugs so that we
can produce a release candidate & golden master per
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=versioning ? Or is that
secondary to just needing actual testing for a variety of scenarios
(fresh install vs. upgrade, exercising a wide variety of functionality)
and given bug reports we'll know "critical" and "showstopper" when we
see them... at least for 2.2.0?

I wouldn't mind sorting out what we're doing Saturday / Sunday either;
right now I'm booked for Saturday night at an airport hotel, but would
cancel if I could get a reasonable rate around here (the conf rate
wasn't available for Saturday). My flight on Sunday doesn't take off
until 4:00 pm so I've potentially got lots of time. Alternatively, we
could all congregrate in a cheaper airport hotel - heh.