[OPEN-ILS-DEV] 2.3 Release Cutting / Branching

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Thu Aug 2 10:59:57 EDT 2012

Hi All,

We've officially reached the 2.3 feature freeze.  Special thanks to everyone who helped make sure 2.3 is chock full of new features.

My release cutting diary for today looks something like this:

* Testing a preliminary beta1 build to verify the DB upgrade and install process work at least superficially.
* Creating the origin/rel_2_3 topic branch.  Remember that rel_2_3 is for bug fixes, documentation, and translations only!
* Moving the contents of docs/RELEASE_NOTES_NEXT/* into a new docs/RELEASE_NOTES_2_3.txt file.
* Importing translations.
* Building the official beta1 release.

Depending on how quickly we can get things tested and how quickly I can come up to speed on some of the release cutting tasks (that are not part of the alpha releases), some of this may bleed into tomorrow.  I can promise to have the rel_2_3 branch cut today, though.

Thanks

-b

--
Bill Erickson