[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Fwd: errors while running autoget.sh -c

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Fri Aug 3 12:39:44 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 03, 2012 at 10:20:11AM -0400, Ben Shum wrote:
> Forwarded from where it was wrongly send to the catalogers list,
> this is a Fedora installation issue.

This suggests that you might be using the opensrf.xml file from OpenSRF
rather than from Evergreen - and if that's the case, then nothing else
will work. Check for an <IDL> section in the file and a pointer to the
right location of fm_IDL.xml.

<snip>

> Also, I had to install UUID::Tiny, MARC::Record::XML, SRU::Request
> and maybe a few more that I don't remember using perl -MCPAN. I also
> installed postgresql-plperl. All the above are not a part of the
> installation dependencies mentioned in the documentation.

A lot of these problems were fixed after the 2.2.0 release, so see the
upcoming 2.2.1 release, or just grab the latest Makefile.install
directly in git at
http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=Evergreen.git;a=blob;f=Open-ILS/src/extras/Makefile.install

Long story short: I've packaged some of the dependencies for Fedora 17,
in an effort to ease the install process on Fedora. MARC::File::XML is
unfortunately still waiting approval (mostly my lack of prompting the
reviewer) so that needs to be pulled from CPAN still, but I've added
that to the FEDORA_CPAN list in the prereq installer. Note that these
packages have _not_ been backported to Fedora 16, so we're effectively
supporting only the latest stable version of Fedora at this point.

Many thanks for giving Evergreen a go on Fedora! I'm a little lonely out
here, but I've been running Fedora as my primary environment for years
now; it's really helpful having some feedback to catch what I've
overlooked.

One other thing I should note is that when you get to the point of
running Apache, you will need to disable SELinux via "setenforce 0" due
to our weird "run as opensrf with a webroot in a weird location" issue.
Some day we'll fix that...