[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Fwd: errors while running autoget.sh -c

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Aug 8 07:24:06 EDT 2012

On Aug 8, 2012 2:45 AM, "Net Wolf" <netwolf_in at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> there is no IDL section in either /opensrf/etc/opensrf.xml or
/openils/conf/opensrf.xml (or the respective opensrf_core.xml files)
> Incidentally, I was asked to install opensrf in the documentation on the
site before installing evergreen.

> http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads.php

It's not incidental; it's fundamental. OpenSRF is the foundation on which
Evergreen builds.

> It mentions OpenSRF at the top and the link to download and install it.
> I have also followed each step to the T for installation.

You need to follow them all the way to Z though!

> Should I reinstall from scratch?

Nope!

> What would be the steps then?

Evergreen bundles its own opensrf*.xml.example files and installs them into
the conf directory. You need to follow the Evergreen steps that tell you to
copy and configure them; then restart the OpenSRF services. Even though
those steps seem similar to the OpenSRF steps and people often skip that
step in the Evergreen steps because they think "I already did that... silly
instructions", they're actually quite different.