[OPEN-ILS-DEV] 2.3 Documentation progress.

Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu
Thu Aug 9 10:29:30 EDT 2012

On Aug 9, 2012, at 09:14 , Soulliere, Robert wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> The "assume it is all good from the last version" approach works for me and makes things easier for everyone involved.
>
> The one thing I was concerned about was drastic changes to processes from one major release to the next. I understand that beta testers should sniff those out and report issues, but in some cases there seem to be long  delays before some content areas are tested. This could cause frustration for newer users who rely on precise instructions. Perhaps the "release notes' would cover us on that and it is better to have faulty docs than no docs at all for that version?

Perhaps an additional responsibility of the release manager could be to review significant changes to the software and then at least flag the corresponding sections of documentation accordingly, like "Warning: significant changes were made to functionality described in this section from the previous version", or something alike?

> If others are comfortable with the automatically pulling the docs from the last release, we can set it up to do that.

+1

> Thanks,
> Robert
>

> Robert Soulliere, BA (Hons), MLIS
> Systems Librarian
> Mohawk College Library
> robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
> Telephone: 905 575 1212 x3936

Alexey Lazar
PALS
Information System Developer and Integrator
507-389-2907
http://www.mnpals.org/