[OPEN-ILS-DEV] #help Evergreen 2.2 Release

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Tue Feb 28 14:01:31 EST 2012

Hi Anoop,

Does the release-notes-writer role basically take what is in the raw release notes from the master file as added by developers here:
http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=Evergreen.git;a=blob_plain;f=docs/RELEASE_NOTES_2_2.txt;hb=master

and get them into the official docs such as here?:
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.2/_release_notes.html

If so, perhaps I can help with that and take on that role? Can we just use one source for that in the official docs or do we need to add a wiki page as well?

Also note that we have upgrade instruction in the official docs here:
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.2/_upgrading_the_evergreen_server.html
-- this is based on the alpha release, but if you give me a few days heads up before the official release will be released, I could get those updated to reflect the official tarball version. It might also be good to have a few folks review the upgrade instructions chapter as well.

In general I think DIG has more documentation ready to go for 2.2 than we did for past releases.
See:
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.2/

Thanks,
Robert