[OPEN-ILS-DEV] system admin training

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Feb 28 17:31:25 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 04:42:28PM -0500, Gislaine.Hamelin at statcan.gc.ca wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> We hope to be running Evergreen soon. Does anyone know if the training
> for system administration includes Linux and SQL portions? No one in
> our shop has this base knowledge and the training offered here is very
> expensive.

Hi Gislaine:

I just gave a class introducing StatsCan resources to a Research
Methodology students today, so it's only fair I share back...

There's the intro to SQL I wrote a few years ago at
http://bzr.coffeecode.net/intro_to_sql/introduction_to_sql.txt with
a PDF version and accompanying presentation slides at
http://coffeecode.net/archives/212-Introduction-to-SQL-for-Evergreen-administrators.html
which is a fairly gentle introduction (if I do say so myself). Thanks
again to Bibliomation for agreeing to allow me to release this under the
CC-BY-SA license!