[OPEN-ILS-DEV] How to upload patron photos

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Mon Jan 9 07:50:17 EST 2012

> I need help from you. I need to upload photos of the patron and staffs. I
> did see a photo column for storing image url in the DB when checked the
> Evergreen DB schema but I dont find an option to do it in the staff client.
> After searching a while i saw in some link that Evergreen patron photo
> upload is not possible. So wanted to know if its possible or not. If yes,
> how should i go with it.

Shiva, the client should already be set to show a user photo if the
photo_url field is populated, but you're right, there's no mechanism
for uploading and managing such images.  You can expose the field in
the patron editor, and once you do that, it may be easier to just use
a separate application to act as an image repository and get URL's
from it.

For the editor, in register_table.tt2, find

and below it, add

I think that should be it as far as the editor goes.

--
Jason Etheridge