[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Holds Limits

James Fournie jfournie at sitka.bclibraries.ca
Tue Jan 17 12:52:17 EST 2012

Hi Geoff,

Evergreen has two systems of policy for holds and circ, the in-db policy which is the currently recommended method, and the legacy javascript method.  This is set in the opensrf.xml file, just look for something like this:

		  <legacy_script_support>true</legacy_script_support>

If set to true, it will use those javascript files, if set to false, it will use the in-db settings which are set in the Admin -> Local Admin -> Hold Policies area of the staff client.  It's possible that during the upgrade this setting got switched off and you are using in-db settings.  You will need to restart opensrf when you change this setting.

You may also want to check these settings in the opensrf.xml correctly point to where your scripts are located:

                    <script_path>/openils/lib/javascript</script_path>
                    <script_path>/openils/var</script_path>
                    <script_path>/openils/var/catalog</script_path>

~James
BC Libraries Cooperative