[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen 2.2 TPac language/locale questions

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Wed Jan 18 13:52:25 EST 2012

Hi all,

I was testing the new TPAC  in 2.2 and had a few questions regarding language support.:

1. When the stable version is released in the future do we foresee some language PO files being packaged with the first stable version of Evergreen 2.2? Is seems that in the alpha version, we are required to roll our own (that seems the case for en_CA for example)? Will Launchpad be used for language support file management?

2. When I ran:   sudo -u opensrf xgettext.pl --plugin=tt2 --directory=Open-ILS/src/templates/opac/ --output-dir=/openils/var/data/locale --output=tpac.en_CA.po

to roll my own en_CA.po file for Canadian English I noticed that the label "Search the Catalog" was not added to the PO file while other labels in the same searchbar.tt2 file were added.

I could add this label manually to the file, but was wondering  why some seem to get added but others were not even though they seem to use the same template identifiers?

BTW, the TPAC is amazing! I think it will be mush easier to configure and customize the OPAC in the future after upgrades. Kudos to all the folks who worked on developing the TPAC!

Regards,
Robert

Robert Soulliere, BA (Hons), MLIS
Systems Librarian
Mohawk College Library
robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Telephone: 905 575 1212 x3936
Fax: 905 575 2011

This E-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the individual or entity named in the message.  If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible
to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is prohibited.  If this communication was received in error, please
notify the sender by reply E-mail immediately, and delete and destroy
the original message.