[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen 2.2 Release

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Mon Jan 23 09:11:04 EST 2012

Quoting Tim Spindler <tspindler at cwmars.org>:

> We at C/W MARS have been planning a migration to do this spring and need to
> go up on version 2.2 partly because it has a number of pieces of
> development from the MassLNC project (of which we are a member).  We are
> currently testing on Alpha 2.2 with a copy of our production data and
> submitting bugs when they are found.  However, we have not seen any real
> timeframe for the scheduled release of 2.2 and are concerned that a stable
> release won't be available this spring.   Myself and others in the MassLNC
> project have been monitoring developers discussions to see what progress
> has been made.  We at C/W MARS are concerned that there has not been much
> discussion about the release schedule for this version and would urge the
> developers to consider discussing this and moving forward.  We can also try
> to support as much as possible including testing that is needed.

It was decided in a developers' meeting in IRC last month to release
2.2 in March.
http://www.open-ils.org/irc_logs/evergreen/2011-12/%23evergreen.06-Tue-2011.log

Our experience running master at MVLC is that we are better off than
those who wait for "stable" releases. We have easier upgrades. We keep
more up to date with upcoming features. We generally encounter fewer
issues, and when we do encounter something we can use the fixes
immediately without waiting on a point update.

HtH,
Jason Stephenson