[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Action/Trigger print-on-demand

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Fri Jan 27 09:23:52 EST 2012

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 09:03:52AM -0500, Bill Ott wrote:
> On 1/26/12 9:36 PM, David Busby wrote:
> >Bill,
> >   You're running them with the action-trigger-runner.pl correct?
>
> The beauty of 'circ.missing_pieces.letter.print', is that it happens
> immediately, regardless whether action_trigger_runner.pl is being
> run.  In fact, the start_time happens even before the run_time.
> That's what I'm trying to produce, and why I'm wondering if there's
> something special here that I'm not understanding.

[...]

> >On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Bill Ott<bott at grpl.org>  wrote:
> >>I'm trying to create an action/trigger event, nearly identical to
> >>'circ.missing_pieces.letter.print', in fact I've started by cloning that.  I
> >>have everything setup the same as that event_definition, but am using the
> >>hook for 'checkout.damaged'.  The event is created, but it's never
> >>processed.
> >>
> >>For the life of me, I can't figure out what's different.  Is there anything
> >>special about 'circ.missing_pieces.letter.print', that I'm overlooking?

Hi Bill,

That and a few others are special in that they do not rely on
action_trigger_runner for event firing.  They force event firing on the
spot with some utility code in AppUtils.pm ($U->fire_object_event(...)).
Along the bottom of Circ.pm:mark_item_missing_pieces() you can see the
specific incantation.  The API code then returns the generated event,
complete with template output for printing.

-b

--
Bill Erickson