[OPEN-ILS-DEV] 2.2.1 coming next week

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Fri Jul 20 15:02:37 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 01:26:44PM -0400, Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley wrote:
> Hi everyone.  The community aims to release Evergreen 2.2.1 early next week.
>
> If there are bug fixes that are important to you, and if they have
> not been tested and included in the master branch yet, now is a good
> time to draw attention to them on the mailing lists (preferably
> open-ils-dev). Please reference them by Launchpad bug number.
>
> There are always unsolved problems and new development to talk
> about, but to be clear, patches for the 2.2 series can only contain
> bug fixes and cleanup now.  New features are for the 2.3 series.

Hi Lebbeous:

I have been testing & merging & creating bug fixes for the past week or
so, including a number for 2.2; here are a few 2.2 candidates that
haven't been merged yet:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1015108 is a fix for MARC
Batch Import of authority records for sites that have migrated from 2.1
to 2.2. I have not tested this yet, however.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1003738 improves the situation
on TPAC for most browsers where the focus gets placed in the search box
in all cases, rather than more obvious locations in some cases (for
example, focus should be set to the User name input field when a user
clicks "Log in to my account"). I didn't address the JSPAC in my branch,
and due to a lack of support for the "autofocus" HTML5 attribute the
situation does not improve for IE 9 and less, but on TPAC and for most
other browsers the situation improves greatly, so I hope we won't let
the perfect be the enemy of the good in moving forward on this...

Finally, I think it's a bug that there's no user-driven means of
switching locales in the TPAC in 2.2, thus would put
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1025921 forward for
consideration. If, however, you consider the addition of a locale picker
a feature rather than a bug and decide not to backport it, you should
definitely backport the second commit from the linked branch, as it
fixes a serious bug that affects any TPAC translation that uses Unicode.

Dan