[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Remove Unused Organizational Units

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Thu Jul 26 17:44:49 EDT 2012

> Evergreen is designed for consortia and assumes you have a consortium and
> systems. I'm not sure what happens if you get rid of those levels. It
> certainly is not easy to do after you've been running for a while.

It was really meant to handle any arbitrary depth of org tree, but we
were definitely thinking big more than small.  3-tier hierarchies get
the most testing.  Some libraries do use a single org unit (make sure
you modify the org unit type accordingly--depth 0, but can have users
and volumes), however, there are some menus that become unnecessary in
that case, yet stick around unless you start customizing (pickup
location when placing a hold, for example).

--
Jason Etheridge
http://evergreen-ils.org