[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen 2.1.2-rc1 release available for testing

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Thu Jun 7 15:25:37 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 07, 2012 at 01:04:14AM -0400, Dan Scott wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> I've posted the Evergreen 2.1.2-rc1 release at
> http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads.php - this is a testing release, with
> hopes that minimal changes will be required before the final 2.1.2
> release in the next few days.
>
> Given that the last 2.1 release, 2.1.1, came out in November 2011, there
> are a very large number of bug fixes rolled into the 2.1.2 release. For
> the gory details, see the Changelog at
> http://evergreen-ils.org/downloads/previews/ChangeLog-2.1.1-2.1.2-rc1
>
> I would appreciate feedback from testers who can give the upgrade
> SQL a try (it's a brief number of lines, but affects indexing so might
> take a long time to run) and would also delight in feedback from anyone
> who can exercise the various catalogue and staff client interfaces; we
> want to ensure that we have introduced no regressions in this pure
> bug-fix release.

Note: thanks to George Duimovich for noticing this; the tarball contains
an unwanted SQL upgrade script named
"Open-ILS/src/sql/Pg/version-upgrade/2.1.1-2.1.2-rc1-upgrade-db.sql"; I
had purged this from the release branch (user/dbs/rel_2_1_2_rc1) but it
managed to sneak into the tarbal anyway.

Do not use this script to upgrade! It will fail.

Instead, please use
Open-ILS/src/sql/Pg/version-upgrade/2.1.1-2.1.2-upgrade-db.sql and
report any problems based on your experience with that script.

Thanks again to George, and my apologies for this inconvenience.