[OPEN-ILS-DEV] config.global_flag cat.bib.use_id_for_tcn

Alan Rykhus alan.rykhus at mnsu.edu
Thu Jun 14 15:15:48 EDT 2012

Hello,

I had a question about the config.global_flag cat.bib.use_id_for_tcn
setting.

I was working on a migration and was having issues because of this. I
was planning on using the tcn_value for linking purposes later on as I
had in a previous conversion. I put the a number in here from the old
system that helps me find the bib and link items, loans, holds, etc. to
the bib.

1. What ramifications will we have if we set this flag to false?

2. What happens if we then set it to true after we are done with the
migration? I can see where the actual biblio.record_entry.id will
eventually become the same value as migrated
biblio.record_entry.tcn_value entries and there would be duplicates.
Will this be a problem?

I see there are a couple of bug reports on this(really 1, the second is
a duplicate). But I did not find anything referring to the functionality
this flag is trying to accomplish.

thanks -- al
--
Alan Rykhus
PALS, A Program of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
alan.rykhus at mnsu.edu
"It's hard to lead a cavalry charge if you think you look funny on a
horse" ~ Adlai Stevenson