[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Ejabberd configuration for OpenSRF

Thomas Berezansky tsbere at mvlc.org
Sat Jun 30 08:15:02 EDT 2012

I don't think localhost is needed.

As for max_stanza_size, it doesn't need to be a power of two because
it isn't a memory size or anything, it is a sanity check in ejabberd.
It needs to be larger than the default because OpenSRF sends fairly
large messages on a regular basis, at least with Evergreen running
over it. At the size in question S2S messages don't need a
significantly larger setting.

In general, the default and recommended items across ejabberd's config
is assuming you are setting up an XMPP *chat* server, with people
sending messages to each other using the various features of XMPP.
OpenSRF interacts with XMPP much differently, and as such the various
notes may not fully apply.

Thomas Berezansky
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium