[OPEN-ILS-DEV] "Limit to full-text" limiter

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 10:33:03 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Duimovich, George
<George.Duimovich at nrcan-rncan.gc.ca> wrote:

> Has anybody put any thinking into getting OPAC limiters like: "limit to
> full-text" or "limit to digital" into your search pages?
>
> There are a number of 'hooks' that could be used for this type of
> functionality (e.g. for us tcn_source = 'NetLibrary' for most of our eBooks,
> etc.) as well as some MARC data that can be used as "flags" to pretty
> accurately identify whether a bib record is linked to "full-text" or
> "digital only" content.  Anybody have this in development or production
> somewhere?

I don't know if anyone has "full-text" or "digital only" specifically,
but KCLS uses the SVF framework to take a local cataloging enhancement
(a local Material Type field) and turn it into a top-level filter.
So, in 2.0+, it can certainly be done with just configuration and some
local OPAC template modification.