[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Unable to login as any user other than egadmin

Elliot Voris evoris at slcconline.edu
Tue Mar 13 17:28:51 EDT 2012

Hello, all

I've just set up a brand new evergreen server. It's Evergreen 2.1.1, OpenSRF 2.0.1, Ubuntu 10.04.3.

The installation seems to have run through perfectly. I've deleted all the built-in OUs, as described here: http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=scratchpad:setup

I've created the user accounts, by registering the patron through the staff client. However, when I search for a patron, nothing shows up. These users are not able to log into the staff client, either. I see them in the Postgres db, but can't log in as one. I get an error that "user id, or password is invalid, etc."

I did just set one of the user's db row values 'master_account' and 'super_user' to true. Now, I'm able to log in as that user. He was already a global admin, though.

Any ideas on how to get this worked out? Thanks!

Elliot J Voris
IT Director
Saint Louis Christian College

evoris at slcconline.edu<mailto:evoris at slcconline.edu>