[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Android Application for evergreen

Atul jangra atuljangra66 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 07:41:24 EDT 2012

I am Atul , an undergraduate student in Indian Institute of technology ,
Delhi.
I am a regular android developer. I got through your idea's page(
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:summer_of_coding_ideas)
and got to know about the status for application for this project. I am
interested in developing android application for Evergreen as a part of
Google Summer of Code project.Till now one can use Evergreen only in
Browser, But a standalone application dedicated to Evergreen would be a
great idea. I am a regular android developer and have made many
applications in android. I would be able to do this.
I also think that If we are successful in making an application for android
, then we can also try in making the same application in Windows Phone.
Thus I think , priority will be Android, but as a post-GSoC task , we can
aim at Windows Phone and Blackberry (We can directly port the application
on Blackberry , I have done that myself so can strongly say this.)
I wanted to ask you what should be the further steps before the application
process so as to increase the chances of acceptance of the proposal in GSoC
2012.
I also wanted to discuss this point with you : Provide a framework which
libraries can use to create a customized version of the application.
Libraries should be able to specify their particulars such as library name,
logo, URLs, contact info, hours of operation, location, etc) and then click
“Build” to generate a customized APK.

Waiting for you reply
Warm Regards

--