[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Need access to web server space to host largeconference presentations

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Mon May 7 13:17:10 EDT 2012

Hi,

On May 7, 2012, at 1:11 PM, Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich wrote:
> I like the idea of using a stable URL for current/upcoming conference information - a URL that does not change.  As far as using subdomains for archived conference information, I personally think it may be overkill.  The information from previous conferences that is worth keeping publicly may as well live subfolders, like conference.evergreen-ils.org/2011, conference.evergreen-ils.org/2012, etc.  I think there would be less overhead with this approach.

To date most (all?) of the conference hosts have created and hosted their conference websites using using a variety of CMSs.   Whether a given CMS (or a static version of it) will play well in a subfolder no doubt also varies.  There is no particular cost to using subdomains -- it's easy to update DNS for evergreen-ils.org.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton