[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen API

Vyacheslav Tykhonov vty at iisg.nl
Mon May 14 06:01:30 EDT 2012

Hi all,

In my opinion it will be nice to have API that looking like SOLR API that is good enough for building new applications as statistics reports, aggregation/export/import data, etc.
At the moment API published on commidore64.esilibrary.com contains completely the same information as in Perl source code, so it must be extended with some details, use cases and examples to make it as clear as possible.

I've found that now it's really hard to extract very specific information from marc21 records stored in database, for example, to count all the records containing nas or nam in the <leader> field or from other hard coded tags and subfields (that is important to make new reports).