[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Should GSOC schedule affect 2.3 (etc) release schedule?

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Thu May 24 12:28:08 EDT 2012

On May 24, 2012 12:19 PM, "Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich" <
alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu> wrote:

> Generally, I think all contributed code should go through the equal
review procedures and not specially prioritized, unless we are talking
about critical fixes, but can be decided on a case-by-case basis or
whatever the current process. I think keeping with release schedule is most
important. I would rather see GSCO or any other code or feature come in a
later release, but properly reviewed, tested and documented.

+1

> > 1. Don't let it affect the schedule.  Any GSOC code that is completed
early enough to make the cut, get reviewed, and merged is included in 2.3.
 Otherwise, it waits in the pool for the 2013-03 release along with the
rest of the un-merged community code.

> Yes.

I would prefer to keep the schedule as is.

Also, mentors, try to find some early contributions to core from your
students. This will build their confidence and pride and familiarity with
our code submission process... small wins early for big gains!