[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Customized Search Functionality

Michael Kerrigan mKerrigan at catalystitservices.com
Tue May 29 12:30:08 EDT 2012

Hello Developers,

We have been hired to customize some of the search functionality for Evergreen for a client and was hoping someone could point us in the right direction regarding a couple of issues.

1.       Should we submit our changes back to the community as a bulk patch to 2.2 (with all of our changes) or would it be more applicable to submit each change we are making independently?

2.       What IDE do you all use for working with and debugging Evergreen PERL code?  Eclipse, Komodo?

3.       Who is the resident expert on Evergreen search functionality?

Any tips would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michael Kerrigan
Technical Lead