[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Server Monitoring

David Busby david.busby at edoceo.com
Tue Nov 6 14:21:52 EST 2012

I've used both Nagios and Icinga; as recently as a few months ago. Out of
the box there is not much difference, files that were in say /etc/nagios
are now in /etc/icinga.  I uses the same check/plug-in model as Nagios, so
you can copy/pasta Nagios stuff into the Icinga configs and use the same
checks.  The tactical overview for Icinga is a little nicer than the one
published by Nagios.  Both play well with PNP4Nagios to provide RRD based
graphs.  It's support for distributed functionality via DNX is more
ready-to-go out of the box as compared to Nagios.

--
David Busby
Edoceo, Inc.