[OPEN-ILS-DEV] TPAC localization

Kivilahti Olli-Antti olli-antti.kivilahti at jns.fi
Tue Oct 23 07:00:47 EDT 2012

Thanks for your reply Dan!

What I mean with "can't be localized":
We have been doing our localization according to the instructions here
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:customizations:i18n
We have translated all of the generated .po -files and none of them
affect our TPAC, as in Evergreen v2.3 from this September.
If there is a separate instructable which describes how to translate the
text entries for TPAC, please instruct?

Currently we are looking to add the possible text placeholder strings to
the existing gettext localization toolchain and look into the matter of
unlocalizable strings (with unlocalizable, I mean strings not
localizable via the gettext toolchain, ofc we can change hard-coded
values) in various displays in the staff_client. Also integrating
Finnish grammar checking is something we are going to look into.

I believe you have placeholder strings in TPAC for localization, but
somehow we don't get them as translatable property files, this is our
key concern.

--
Olli-Antti Kivilahti
Open Library 2013