[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Managing RC bug merges

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Sep 5 11:47:59 EDT 2012

Hi,

On 09/05/2012 11:41 AM, Bill Erickson wrote:
> Surely there's a psychological difference between 2.2.3 and 2.3.0,
> but I don't see one in practice.  If anything, 2.2.3 has *more* cause
> to be handled with kid gloves, since 2.2 is much more widely used in
> production systems.

.0 releases often feel bigger, but I agree with your overall point that
we should avoid brown-bagging *any* release, be it a functionality
release or a minor bugfix release.

I actually support triple-signoffs as a matter of course -- author,
tester, QAer, for example -- but I don't think we've got enough numbers
yet to do that without unduly slowing down the flow of code.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton